You may expect to hear about themes such as “safety” and “quality” from a company providing technical expertise and on-site service. But at Cooper, we don’t just talk the talk. We consider safety and quality to be among our core customer deliverables. It is the mindset of Cooper’s leadership, disseminated throughout the entire organization. It’s not about company pride, nor is it about marketing. It’s about doing the right thing for the customer, as well as for our team members.
- Current EMR .69
- Yearly OSHA 10 certification for all employees
- Yearly OSHA 30 certification for foreman level job titles and above
- Spot awards- we still celebrate wins
- Weekly on-site safety meetings
- Weekly company wide safety newsletter
- Latest PPE provided to all members on job-sites including new Kask Helmets
- Prefabrication in a controlled environment at a Cooper warehouse for less crowding on site
- Ten full-time safety professionals
With safety being one of Cooper’s main priorities- COVID 19 is no exception. As an essential business we take all the necessary precautions we can to ensure the safety of our employees and those we come in contact with through following all state regulated guidelines. Our intention is to keep everyone in our care safe and prevent the spread of COVID 19 to the best of our ability.
- Daily temperature checks for employees
- Dedicated covid trackers
- Positive reinforcement
- Provided PPE for use outside of work
- Required PCR tested prior to return to work for positive cases
- Proactive testing as needed
- Option to work from home for staff that are able
Cooper recently received the Gold Safety Award, an award presented to companies who register a safety score between 85%-95% in the Safety Assessment Program administered by ConstructSecure.
“Cooper Electrical Construction Company has done a remarkable job of implementing a strong safety management system. In addition to keeping employees safe, safety performance of this caliber should reduce their insurance premiums.” -Garrett Burke, CEO of ConstructSecure.